< PrevNext > 70. Jacobs Dallas Share 2020 U.S.-Booked Air Volume: $10.6 millionConsolidated U.S. TMC: BCD BTN estimates professional services firm Jacobs spent over $10 million in U.S.-booked air in 2020, about a fifth of its pre-pandemic levels.As a result of business travel cut in the U.S., carbon emissions related to business travel in 2020 were down about 50 percent year over year to 53,533 metric tons. At the onset of the pandemic in March, Jacobs quickly restricted business travel and moved more than 85 percent of its employees to a remote working environment. The other 15 percent remained as mission critical. As business travel is Jacobs’ largest source of carbon emissions, the firm already had a plan in place to reduce carbon emissions by 20 percent from 2019 levels by 2022. As part of their Climate Action Plan, the company committed to 100 percent renewable energy for its operations and net-zero business travel in 2020, which it achieved, and set a goal of being carbon negative for its operations and business travel by 2030. They also created an employee dashboard in which its travelers can view their own carbon footprints and see whether they are helping to meet those goals.Jacobs aims to prevent business travel emissions from rebounding to pre-pandemic levels as business travel patterns return to normal. Its strategies include increased use of remote conferencing technology for both internal and external meetings, conducting training online instead of in-person, promoting virtual professional and industry association conferences and increased telecommuting. By 2030, Jacobs plans to have emissions reduced to 50 percent of 2019 levels.Jacobs reported $13.6 billion in revenues in 2020, up from $12.7 billion in 2019. The firm reported about 55,000 employees in 2020, up from about 52,000 in 2019.